Custom Sized . Reversible . Hassle Free

August 21, 2007

My 22 mth old really likes to dart away as soon as I get her out of the car whether I'm in the parking lot or at home in our driveway, and am trying to get things together. The only thing that keeps me sane when I'm packing up the car to go or arriving and unpacking is popping her in her sling, and putting her on my back. Surprisingly she goes calm and quiet like she's this zen baby. If you are a mom you know that to have your toddler quiet and in one spot gives you the happiest feeling - now you can actually accomplish a task from beginning to end! What a remarkable idea!! I never realized before I had my baby how hard it was going to be to finish a simple task. Inevitably as soon as you start the simplest thing like wiping down the counter - its' "pee pee on the potty" or "look I wash, I wash" and you see my toddler with tissue from the bathroom sopping wet with toilet water and she's proudly washing everything in the living room with the toilet water, and saying "I help!" So yes I feel like the world suddenly stops spinning and is still for a few moments when I put her in the sling, and get to finish what I started!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh yes... "I help", indeed. This all sounds quite familiar. How do they all get the memo that playing with toilet is the most fun thing ever?

HugOfJoy.com said...

They just seem to be drawn to the nastiest things that they could touch! Really, as a mom it’s not a good feeling seeing your beautiful baby sopping in toilet water! LOL

Moby Wrap said...

You sure have a point with a deeper meaning.

HugOfJoy.com said...

Absolutely Moby Wrap! Thanks for noticing ( :